The Parnell Cricket Club Inc. (PCC) is the oldest cricket club in NZ being formed and affiliated in 1858. It is also one of the most successful with over 40 NZ representatives over the years while it currently has two BLACKCAPS and another representing the Auckland Aces. Over the past 3 seasons its Men's Premier side has finished in the top two teams competing in the Hedley Howarth Trophy across the Auckland region (2-day cricket), winning in 2014/15, runner up in both 2015/16 and 2016/17.
PCC currently has over 900 members and is based in a prime location on Shore Rd, Remuera. Its grounds have been recently upgraded by Auckland Council to a high standard. The club opened a 3-lane indoor training centre in 2010 and provides outstanding cricket coaching to its junior and senior members via a team of experienced professional coaches. The club is governed by a Board of 6 directors each with a very good level of experience and capability, and operationally is led by a highly-respected Director of Cricket of whom the Head Coach role reports to.
PCC has an ambitious 3-year strategic plan in place and now requires a Head Coach to lead the implementation of several of the strategies and actions as outlined in this plan, for example producing NZ rep players (male and female) and winning ACA competition titles (male and female). A copy of the strategic plan is available upon request.
We are looking for an exceptional Head Coach with a strong cricket background. The role is primarily responsible for the identification and development of men’s premier players and will encompass the following:
- PCC Head Coach including coach of the Men’s Premier Team. Attendance at all Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday PCC Men’s Premier matches.
- Organisation and management of Men’s Premier team practises (Tuesday and Thursday nights).
- Selector of Men’s Premier team along with Senior Chairman, Men’s Premier Captain and PCC Club Captain.
- Coach and mentor for senior PCC players (top 4 teams).
- 1:1 senior player coaching as and when required (top 4 teams).
- Primary contact for Auckland Cricket Association (ACA) on all PCC coaching matters.
- Develop transition of PCC junior players into senior teams.
- Promote PCC to secondary school players with a view to having them play for PCC once they leave school.
- Along with PCC Junior and Female Coaches, assist with the development of junior elite (male and female) players.
- Along with PCC Junior and Female Coaches, as well as other pro coaches, oversee Junior (grades 6 to 8) premier team selections, as required by the respective Grade Co-ordinators and Junior Chairman.
- Along with PCC Junior and Female Coaches, oversee all PCC nominations to all EDCA teams (grades 7 to 12/13).
- Assist with PCC weekly pro coaching as and when required by the Director of Cricket.
This role will be for 7 months of the year, 1st Sept to 31st March. A competitive salary will be paid along with petrol and mobile phone allowances and performance incentives. Applicants must hold a current NZ work visa.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and a covering letter to: Craig Presland, PCC Chairman, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 15th April 2018.
Ground and Office: 32B Shore Road, Remuera
PO Box 28 068, Remuera, Auckland 1050 Phone: 09 520 5933